517.34 (B) Equipment for Delayed Automatic or Manual Connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

I am wondering if patient Rehab/Gym. room will fall under below space category and we have to provide emergency power to heating equipment serving the space. I don't see it can be considered patient room, does it?

517.34 (B) Equipment for Delayed Automatic or Manual Connection. The following equipment shall be permitted to be
arranged for either delayed automatic or manual connection to the alternate power source:

(1) Heating equipment to provide heating for operating, delivery, labor, recovery, intensive care, coronary care, nurseries, infection/isolation rooms, emergency treatment spaces, and general patient rooms and pressure maintenance (jockey or make-up) pump(s) for the based fire protection systems.

DetroitEE

I am wondering if patient Rehab/Gym. room will fall under below space category and we have to provide emergency power to heating equipment serving the space. I don't see it can be considered patient room, does it?

517.34 (B) Equipment for Delayed Automatic or Manual Connection. The following equipment shall be permitted to be
arranged for either delayed automatic or manual connection to the alternate power source:

(1) Heating equipment to provide heating for operating, delivery, labor, recovery, intensive care, coronary care, nurseries, infection/isolation rooms, emergency treatment spaces, and general patient rooms and pressure maintenance (jockey or make-up) pump(s) for the based fire protection systems.

I would agree that it is not a patient room. I don't think you are required by code to provide emergency power to the heating equipment for this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.