527 cmr 32.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgordon

Occupation
Electrician
In a New 6500 sq' house , we are installing a combo security/ burg panel
(vista 20p) I have 12 smokes . do i need to install the
combo photoelectric/ ionization combo smokes in the listed locations?
RE:The massachusetts smoke detector law effective 1/1/2010.
Do they even make a low voltage combo smoke ?

mcclary's electrical

In a New 6500 sq' house , we are installing a combo security/ burg panel
(vista 20p) I have 12 smokes . do i need to install the
combo photoelectric/ ionization combo smokes in the listed locations?
RE:The massachusetts smoke detector law effective 1/1/2010.
Do they even make a low voltage combo smoke ?

Not 100% sure if they make a LV combo, I use a relay in 120v smokes

pgordon

Occupation
Electrician
I am a EC not a LV contractor and used this set up many ,many times, and love it ! relay for the co , relay for the smokes, on different zones, Any time this issue comes up all the LV contractor flip out. Hower, I would like to go all LV in this case, any suggestions out there?

MAK

I am a EC not a LV contractor and used this set up many ,many times, and love it ! relay for the co , relay for the smokes, on different zones, Any time this issue comes up all the LV contractor flip out. Hower, I would like to go all LV in this case, any suggestions out there?

You do not need a dual technology smoke detector if it is a low voltage fire system. 527 CMR 32.02 (3)
I believe what I read was it can be photo electric hardwired or wireless. It is not required to be ionization type. I guess they don't make them any more for residential systems?:confused:

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopssearchlanding&sid=Eeops&q=smoke+detector+requirements&collectorName=EOPSx

Check the power point out. Obviously check with the local officials to see if that is how they interpret it. You never know in Mass.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.