6 handle rule question

sokbok

thanks for all the feedback. Regarding 230.90(A) exception 3......can the 6 handles be a combination of fused disconnects and circuit breakers?
I know they need to be grouped together, but can the disconnects be on the same wall but spaced out around other equipment, like the existing CT cabinet (on either side of CT cabinet ?) thanks

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
thanks for all the feedback. Regarding 230.90(A) exception 3......can the 6 handles be a combination of fused disconnects and circuit breakers?
Yes.

I know they need to be grouped together, but can the disconnects be on the same wall but spaced out around other equipment, like the existing CT cabinet (on either side of CT cabinet ?) thanks
Probably up to the AHJ. I would think both sides of the CT cabinet is fine, since the CT cabinet is part of the service. But add other non-service equipment or have too much distance and it gets muddier. 'Grouped' is fairly subjective and not further addressed beyond the dictionary definition. Good signage might help pass an inspection.

kwired

Electron manager
Yes.

Probably up to the AHJ. I would think both sides of the CT cabinet is fine, since the CT cabinet is part of the service. But add other non-service equipment or have too much distance and it gets muddier. 'Grouped' is fairly subjective and not further addressed beyond the dictionary definition. Good signage might help pass an inspection.
Agree. Way this is worded leaves it as a judgement call by the inspector.