600 amp service entrance design to be submitted to POCO, looking for input.

Tyler55

Occupation
Mechanic
Hello everyone,
Happy Friday. I have designed a service entrance for my shop using off the shelf equipment that is affordable and available for purchase. On Monday I will submit the drawing along with the cutout sheets for the various equipment that I am proposing to use. I am still unsure if my POCO uses bar type CT's... I'll find out on Monday when I speak to the Meter Supervisor at the POCO.

Anyway, does this design look any good? Does it look fairly doable from an electricians point of view?

It will likely need some modifications from the engineers as far as conduit size, the purpose here is to get the equipment approved by the POCO so it can be ordered.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who has helped me to get this far,

747357104.jpg

Tyler55

Occupation
Mechanic
I just got a response from Greybar. They recommend this panel from Milbank. I'm guessing it cost upwards of 20k and takes a year to make. I haven't received a quote yet. I'm hopeful I can use my design instead but at least I have a second option. I look forward to hearing how terrible my idea is. JK.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• U6450 U6451 U6452.pdf
    486.6 KB · Views: 5
Generally it looks ok, but the devil is in the details: conduit size/type, wire size, sealing locknuts/myers hubs, Available fault current and AIC ratings, bonding.

You dont have any panelboards shown, but I would want to use some nice bolt on panelboards and not loadcenters

I just got a response from Greybar. They recommend this panel from Milbank. I'm guessing it cost upwards of 20k and takes a year to make. I haven't received a quote yet. I'm hopeful I can use my design instead but at least I have a second option. I look forward to hearing how terrible my idea is. JK.
Thanks in advance.
I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out what the heck that thing is with not much success.....

Tyler55

Occupation
Mechanic
Generally it looks ok, but the devil is in the details: conduit size/type, wire size, sealing locknuts/myers hubs, Available fault current and AIC ratings, bonding.

You dont have any panelboards shown, but I would want to use some nice bolt on panelboards and not loadcenters
Great! Thank you, I don't believe that I need to show anything past the Service Disconnects for now, at least to the POCO anyway. I have gone through the Service Entrance Handbook and I think I have all the details ironed out besides the conduit and wire size. The engineering dept. has been pretty helpful so far, I suspect they can assist with that. They will provide a drawing for the underground once they approve the meetering.