690.47(C)(3) And parallel conductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mull982

If using a combined GEC and EGC per 690.47(C)(3) between an inverter and a panel.

If I have parallel feeders between the inverters and panel in seperate conduits do I need to run (2) of these "combined" ground conductors or do I only need to run the one ground? If only 1 then do I just pull this ground in one of the conduits?

mull982

Can this combined ground conductor be run in conduit or must it be run outside of any raceway?

I answered my own question. 250.64(E) allows this grounding conductor to be run in rigid conduit.

I think I may have answered my origonal question regarding the parallel feeds as well. Table 250.66 says to use the equivelent size of parallel feeds for determining the grounding conductor which I have done. So technically in any other case you would just run the one grounding conductor based on combined size.

My only question here however is since this grounding conductor is aso serving as the EGC per 690.47(C)(3) to I need to run one in each set of conduits or just run it in one of the conduits?

Status
Not open for further replies.