6KW 48 Volt Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

humble

A vendor called me stating he had a 6KW inverter/charger that put out 208Volts and a 208/48 stepdown regulated power supply he bid and took out of a state office. It looks like telephone use only. Does this unit have the right power factor and/or design to be used with anything but? Should I tell him to junk it?

Humble

hurk27

Re: 6KW 48 Volt Inverter

Is it a 3 phase Y whith a neutral? with 4 12 volt deep cycle batterys you could make a very good backup for your house. if you need a longer running time just add batterys to it. If you don't wan't it I'll take it. If it's only 208 output it can be transformer to 240/120 very easly with any transformer over 6 kw.

humble

I'll talk to the vendor tomorrow and see if he wants any money for it. Maybe scrap price.
It did have 24 two volt cells that were 200lbs each that he scrapped and got 1200 out of. It is two units 6 foot tall and at leats two hundred lbs each. I'm not sure if it could run computers or not. I don't know about phone stuff. All I know is it is really big. I'll get all of the particulars tomorrow and post a better statement.

Humble

hurk27

Iguess I was thinking in modern terms sounds too big. For some reason I was thinking it would of been one of thoses I have seen in a RV as it was a 5 Kv. Don't think I could use one that large.

Status
Not open for further replies.