75A and 60A outlet

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have floor plan from engineer that says to provide single 75A outlet 208V single phase and single 60A outlet 208V single phase for kitchen equipments.

Has anyone seen have links to 75A 208V outlet?
Has anyone seen have links to 60A 208V outlet?

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
I have floor plan from engineer that says to provide single 75A outlet 208V single phase and single 60A outlet 208V single phase for kitchen equipments.

Has anyone seen have links to 75A 208V outlet?
Has anyone seen have links to 60A 208V outlet?
Do they want outlets, like a junction box, or do they want receptacles?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
It says outlet not receptacle could be hardwired. If the OCPD is within sight then no disconnect required.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Do they want outlets, like a junction box, or do they want receptacles?

Legend says singe outlet see nema config on floor plan for the type of symbol used. The floor plan says 75A and symbol. Cant have junction box. It’s for kitchen equipment and that would count as appliance. Would need disconnect either receptacles or disconnect switch. Panelboard is behind kitchen not within sight of equipment

Knightryder12

Occupation
Sr. Electrical Designer/Project Manager
You need to coordinate with the Kitchen vendor and see exactly what the equipment requires. I have seen where kitchen equipment that requires that size feed, has a integral disconnect provided with the equipment.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Legend says singe outlet see nema config on floor plan for the type of symbol used. The floor plan says 75A and symbol. Cant have junction box. It’s for kitchen equipment and that would count as appliance. Would need disconnect either receptacles or disconnect switch.
I'm not sure why any of this matters on plan review. Disconnecting means are often integral to the equipment which you won't know until the final inspection.

suemarkp

Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think there are some 60A receptacles. There are pin and sleeve type plugs and receptacles for larger things. I've seen those at 100A and 200A, typically for feeds to large trailers. A 75A could just be a 100A receptacle off a 75A breaker.

John A

Occupation
Inspector
Russellstoll has pin & sleeve devices, however, hold on to your wallet.

Are you a plan reviewer for permit release, estimating, or within an MEP/Arch. Office???

Seven-Delta-FortyOne

Goin’ Down In Flames........
Occupation
EC and GC
Legend says singe outlet see nema config on floor plan for the type of symbol used. The floor plan says 75A and symbol. Cant have junction box. It’s for kitchen equipment and that would count as appliance. Would need disconnect either receptacles or disconnect switch. Panelboard is behind kitchen not within sight of equipment

Or the breaker can be locked in the open position……

Just approve it and move on. The Inspectigator will handle the disconnect situation.