a.c. calcultions

Status
Not open for further replies.

can some clear up the code on a/c calculation (ground fault-short ckt. o.c. protection/ branch ckt, & disconnect requirements). seams like I have met a brick wall on these requirements. everyone has a different story!!
help, so I can get the real deal.
thanks

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Re: a.c. calcultions

Not sure what you mean by A/C. Are you asking about short circuit and AIC calcs or something else? Short circuit calcs are not complicated, go to Bussman.com, they have a lot of information and a short circuit calculator you can download.

hey tom, air condition branch ckt over current protection /short -ground fault.
I will go and check out buss web site.
thanks for the reply!!
I have done my calculations on the manufactures data plate i.e. 250% inverse cb, 125% fla,115% disconnect(cb) ect.
I was told to base all calculations off data plate with no % changes( manufacture has included all this in there data).
simply put wire,o.c. protection, is all done just size accordding, sounds easy but the info I recieved from AHJ say other things.
how it in washington?
thanks and good talking at yah!!

bphgravity

Using the nameplate information to wire and install equipment for A/C units is fine.

Basically, you are permitted to wire per the value of the minimum circuit ampacity and size the OCPD to the maximum ampacity value.

Otherwise, Article 440.12(A)(1), 440.22(A), and 440.32 should be used.

[ April 30, 2004, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: bphgravity ]

Status
Not open for further replies.