A couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BababooeyHTJ

I'm currently an electrical apprentice studying for my exam. I was given a bunch of test questions that a guy that I work with got from a refresher course and this one has me throughly confused.

1) "A multi family dwelling has four ranges ; 8Kw, 8Kw, 14Kw, 16Kw what is the demand load for the four ranges?"

I'm not at all sure how to calculate these ranges since there are two under 8 3/4Kw.

One other question that I saw that has me a bit confused is this.

2)"Refer to the diagram below. Three conduits, each containing three parallel sets of 500 kcmil conductors. What is the minimum size for a single bonding conductor?"

It goes on to show a crude diagram that seems to depict a single ground. There are some multiple choice questions that are answered. For some reason "4/0" is circled. I'm pretty sure that is wrong. It looks to me like all that would be required is a 3/0. I could be wrong and if so I'm confused.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I'm currently an electrical apprentice studying for my exam. I was given a bunch of test questions that a guy that I work with got from a refresher course and this one has me throughly confused.

1) "A multi family dwelling has four ranges ; 8Kw, 8Kw, 14Kw, 16Kw what is the demand load for the four ranges?"

I'm not at all sure how to calculate these ranges since there are two under 8 3/4Kw.

One other question that I saw that has me a bit confused is this.

2)"Refer to the diagram below. Three conduits, each containing three parallel sets of 500 kcmil conductors. What is the minimum size for a single bonding conductor?"

It goes on to show a crude diagram that seems to depict a single ground. There are some multiple choice questions that are answered. For some reason "4/0" is circled. I'm pretty sure that is wrong. It looks to me like all that would be required is a 3/0. I could be wrong and if so I'm confused.

On question 1- try column B for the two 8K ranges, keep that total separate, then try note #2 and column C or the 14K & 16K ranges. Take the total you got using column B and add it to the total you got using note #2 and column C.
Someone else can help with the 2nd question if you still need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.