A new way of proving a circuit is de-energised:

Status
Not open for further replies.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
To reassure his colleague that it was safe he threw a crowbar at the 400V ac equipment.
:roll:

Demotivational-pictures-darwin_Award_Cat.jpg

~RJ~

kwired

Electron manager
Evidently, ignorant idiots still exist even in what is usually a well regulated industry.
Still a lot of idiots that are not regulated even if they are supposed to be.

Anybody that knows what a screwdriver is good enough credentials in some instances.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Still a lot of idiots that are not regulated even if they are supposed to be.

Anybody that knows what a screwdriver is good enough credentials in some instances.

An American expat in Turkey was fond of asking how you could identify an electrician in Turkey:
He is the one with the screwdriver.

He may not be dead but...

He may not be dead but...

Be may not be dead but, depending on hoe bad his burns are he probably wishes he did die instead of living in all that pain and risk of infection and all the skin graft surgeries etc...having no lips or nose or eyelids or ears, horrible. I'd rather I did die. He was probably not wearing cotton clothing and had the rayon or nylon melt and stick to his body and having it turn to plastic and be peeled off him. He was a dumbass though.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
So if I understand this correctly, a single worker disregareded all safety requirements by throwing a crowbar into a piece of live gear, and was injured due to his own actions.

But the owners of the contracting compaines were charged with a crime, and fined, and ordered to pay damages.

Oddly, it seems like that's typical, and its probably exactly what would happen in the US also.

mjavala

New User
So if I understand this correctly, a single worker disregareded all safety requirements by throwing a crowbar into a piece of live gear, and was injured due to his own actions.

But the owners of the contracting compaines were charged with a crime, and fined, and ordered to pay damages.

Oddly, it seems like that's typical, and its probably exactly what would happen in the US also.

was thinking the same thing...it's almost as if the worker was at fault too?! A shocking concept for many nations lol :blink:

kwired

Electron manager

Well yes, the employer is supposed to hold his hand so he doesn't do such things when nobody is looking.

norcal

Basic premise of the Darwin Award is that the recipients are dead.

If they survive they get a honorable mention, the deceased get the Darwin Award.

Back to the subject, can't remember where I heard "Stupid is as stupid does" but it seems fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.