Access to can light junction box from below

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
All new construction recessed fixtures have a junction box that is inside the ceiling. If there is no attic, that junction box is not accessible without removing drywall. I never thought about it before but that is a code violation. Still, I have installed many and never had an inspector complain.

Even inspectors don't see or think of everything. Too much stuff out there. Manufacturers need to do a better job with their stuff. We should all call and e mail manufacturers when we run into such things.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Even inspectors don't see or think of everything. Too much stuff out there. Manufacturers need to do a better job with their stuff. We should all call and e mail manufacturers when we run into such things.

BTW, most are accessible by removing the can by the 3 or 4 small screws around the bottom.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Have tried to remove the actual recessed fixture portion from that housing yet ?

From what I see on spec sheet, it looks almost identical to the Juno 2” LED, and the driver with wiring compartment actually slides out of the 2-1/2” hole down below the ceiling ....

It looks like this part in the pic is inside that large IC enclosure. I think you can leave he wiring long through the compartment but idk. Open it up and let’s see what’s inside.

8333d152966f6bbb55365244502d2d49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.