adding lights to a service entrance/metering pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

fackerman1

I have an outdoor location and a 25' pole with a service entrance feed (fed from a 25kva transformer on another pole 20' away) down to a meter and a 200a disconnect switch. This equipment is located on the front of the pole at 15' and below. Is there any reason I could not run a 1" conduit up the back of the pole and add 2 flood lights on adapters at a heigth of 19', 4' above my goose neck service feed?

raider1

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.:)

Provided that there is proper overcurrent protection for the lighting circuit there is nothing in the NEC that would prohibit you running back up a pole that has a service mast to feed lights.

Chris

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
You might consider ownership of the pole. If owned by the utility, they often have a say as to what is attached to their poles.

stevebea

I have an outdoor location and a 25' pole with a service entrance feed (fed from a 25kva transformer on another pole 20' away) down to a meter and a 200a disconnect switch. This equipment is located on the front of the pole at 15' and below. Is there any reason I could not run a 1" conduit up the back of the pole and add 2 flood lights on adapters at a heigth of 19', 4' above my goose neck service feed?

Wouldn't this have to be a customer owned pole? I can't believe POCO would let service equipment be mounted on their pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.