Adding new raceway for HDMI connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer69

Please see attached pic. Client wants to be able to add an HDMI outlet that will connect the TV to any external device.

Not sure there's any other way than to 1 new core drill and conduit at TV location that can extend thru ceiling below and then use existing poke thru of existing floor box.

Client doesn't want surface raceway.

Thanks for any input.

HDMI.jpg

better pic:
https://ibb.co/FwdHnrb

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Can you pull a CAT5 cable between the existing data floor box and the existing LV box behind the TV? If so, they can install HDMI-over-CAT5 extender hardware. That's what we did in our conference room.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
There are also wall wart powered devices that transmit HDMI wirelessly, using an RF carrier.
I have used them successfully between rooms and at a distance of 20' or more.
I do not recall whether they also support the back channel data flow.

RumRunner

Occupation
Retired EE
Please see attached pic. Client wants to be able to add an HDMI outlet that will connect the TV to any external device.

Not sure there's any other way than to 1 new core drill and conduit at TV location that can extend thru ceiling below and then use existing poke thru of existing floor box.

Client doesn't want surface raceway.

Thanks for any input.

better pic:
https://ibb.co/FwdHnrb

For this short distance, you can use Bluetooth.
With the new Bluetooth 5 technology, you can hookup eight peripherals with a higher data throughput to transfer [wirelessly] high definition images and more secure than Wifi.

No unsightly cables to ruin your client's day. :)

One less work for electricians I suppose. :weeping:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Can you route a Cat5 cable from the existing floor box to the TV? Or at least get a Cat5 from the patch panel the existing network cable goes to back to the TV?

I use this ...
https://www.legrand.us/onq/audio-video/video-distribution/video-accessories/ac1030.aspx

It has a network switch built-in so you won’t lose the data capability of the existing network cable.

Price I through your P&S distributor. My cost is about half of what that online price is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
There are also wall wart powered devices that transmit HDMI wirelessly, using an RF carrier.
I have used them successfully between rooms and at a distance of 20' or more.
I do not recall whether they also support the back channel data flow.

The one I have has a USB connector on the receiver where you can connect a mouse to control a computer connected to the transmitter. Is this what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.