Aggravating phone call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mule said:
In Okra-homa PSO requires the work be done by a licensed electrical contractor,and inspected by local licensed municipal inspector. The permit can only be issued to the contractor, and if that contractor, other than himself, lets anyone do the work that does not posses a journey card and is employeed by the contractor, the contractor is in deep doo doo if caught by the state construction industries board...end of story... The HO has no choice in the matter....good or bad...that's how it is
So, you don't have apprentices? Or do you just fill out paper work for a JM or JP card?:-?

Mike Lang

Sparky555 said:
Bozo to Bozo's lawyer:

"I did everything just like Marc told me to & he even inspected it when I finished. Then I had an electrical fire & my daughter was killed."

I wouldn't get involved with that sort of thing... I'd just say I'm too busy and hang up the phone. Think about it, that guy will never call you with the intension of paying you to do electrical work. If you do hit him with a big fee to inspect (which will never work) he won't pay it anyway. That's the reason he's doing this on his own. Not because he enjoys it, he's cheap and thinks how hard could it be. I wouldn't get involved you'll just waste your time.

SEO

Giving a homeowner advice over the phone on how to install electrical work is recipe for disaster. You don't know if they know which end of a screwdriver to use.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
SEO said:
Giving a homeowner advice over the phone on how to install electrical work is recipe for disaster. You don't know if they know which end of a screwdriver to use.

Wait, I know the answer to this one.......:-?

SPARKS40

I always tell people like that...."Sure, it'll cost you $500 for me to come look at it and we can talk about the rest of what i have to do once i get there....needless to say, i don't get alot of takers......

Mule

DanZ said:
So, you don't have apprentices? Or do you just fill out paper work for a JM or JP card?:-?

Yes we just fill out paper work for an apprentice, but, An apprentice can not do the work by their self either, must have a Journy or EC present......I believe its 8000 hrs as an apprentice makes you eligible to take the journey test..

The do have some less stringent laws for "resi only" in towns less than, OH I cant remember, Im thinking population of 4000 or something like that. This realitively new I think.....Im not sure what the guidelines are....

Status
Not open for further replies.