Al MC Feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

If using feeder size MC cable w/ Aluminum conductors is thejacket usually steel or aluminum. Also, if the jacket is al. I would imagineyou need to use a al. connector, correct?

According to Southwire it looks like feeder mc w/ al conductors has al jacket. So al connector need to be used?

MasterTheNEC

CEO and President of Electrical Code Academy, Inc.
Occupation
CEO
If using feeder size MC cable w/ Aluminum conductors is thejacket usually steel or aluminum. Also, if the jacket is al. I would imagineyou need to use a al. connector, correct?

According to Southwire it looks like feeder mc w/ al conductors has al jacket. So al connector need to be used?
I can't speak for Southwire but Type MC Feeder Cable come in the option of Aluminum or Steel metallic armor. Most of the multi-rated connectors are die-cast or are straight evaluated for for use with either...I know that the Bridgeport connectors we recommend are for use with AL or SL armor.....as they are saddle style and not the set screw type which is for SL only.

I do know that when a connector is specifically made for Steel or Aluminum only it will say that on the packaging legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.