Alarm monitoring services

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishin' electrician

I'm trying to put together a proposal for homeowners at a 55+ townhome community. I've worked on many alarm systems, but have never provided the monitoring service and am interested in doing so.

Any and all opinions about the monitoring company you use would be most appreciated.

Found this company by search at only $2.50/mo., http://www.allamericanmonitoring.com/, any good?

Thanks for any help you might afford me.

nhfire77

Never heard of them ,but that means nothing. $2.50/mo is obscenely low. That kind of rate is reserved for someone with 10000+ accounts. at least in this area.

$2.50/mo= a digital dialer account, i assume. Monthly test only? I would look into cellular or IP communicators for a better long term value. Of course, cell is more $ per month.

Personally, I wouldn't use one unless I actually saw the central station inside, and met the people, but the price does seem right.

nhfire77

Thanks nh, I thought it was obscenely low too.

I appreciate the cell/IP ideas, I will look into that some.

The cell/Ip route is tricky, but it keeps down the cost needing phone lines. Its a definite save. Also, if it is downloadable over GS/IP you will find it to be a blessing.

And, most GS/IP communicators are UL Standard and Encrypted Line Security rated. Of course using this configuration will cost more monthly and probably not needed.

I pretty much wont install a POTS line dialer unless its commercial fire, and that's only if cell signal is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.