Alarm Panel Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAK

View attachment 641
I saw this at a elementary school in a hallway accessible to everyone. This site has several more panels installed in the same manner. The cord leads are taped to the transformer and both slipped off when I moved it out of the way. I am pretty sure there are quite a few violations here but I do not know exactly where to look. 725.?

Last edited:

cadpoint

The Answer is ...

The Answer is ...

90.7 second paragraph. Examination of Equipment for Safety - ... factory installed ... need not be inspected at time of installation, except to detect alterations or damage, ...

I can't find the word intent

110.3 (B) plugged in not re-plugged ! - Listed and Labeled equipment shall be installed and used in accordance with any ...
110.12 (Old stand-by) - Mechanical Execution of Work

Bingo 110.14(A) Terminals - ... shall be made by means of pressure connectors (including set-screw type), solder lugs or splices to flexiable leads.
Seems like the receptal box is to close to the inside ?
Find a KO ...

Call the Fire Dept. First ...

Last edited:

fyretek

I have seen this many times makes me sick on some of them like this one you are showing....however having a outlet inside an encolser...i'm told by my AHJ is not illegal....now if the guy who put this together in your pic had just plugged in that step down transf. to the outlet , and the outlet wired properly it would have been ok.

mdshunk

That's just 'YUK' from the beginning to the end. Looks like they even had enough room to plug the wal wart into the handy box, so I'm not even sure why they did it that way. What's the scoop on the 900 beanies in that panel? Was every alarm cable too short?

MAK

Not too short. Too many zones so they series them together. They only used 5 out of the eight zones on the panel! Everything else is in series in the field about 65 devices! A bit too messy for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.