All different metal conduits and fittings can be used interchangeable???

Status
Not open for further replies.

squaredan

I was always told you can use different metal conduits and fittings together. For example, Emt with a emt connector then screw on a rigid coupling and at other end of coupling screw a FMC connector..Now if you are using that example and using the Emt and FMC( just say all of 250.118(5) are meet) as your EGC, would you then be violating 250.120(A)?

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
A related question:

Does anyone make a transition fitting that goes from Liquidtight to EMT, without having to go through the mess of a j-box or a female threaded coupling between the two male threaded connectors? Seems like a common enough transition that someone would make a fitting. I know I could've used one just this week.

SceneryDriver

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
I was always told you can use different metal conduits and fittings together. For example, Emt with a emt connector then screw on a rigid coupling and at other end of coupling screw a FMC connector..Now if you are using that example and using the Emt and FMC( just say all of 250.118(5) are meet) as your EGC, would you then be violating 250.120(A)?

I don't think you will violate 250.120(a). Instead I would be more concerned with the 6' rule of the 250.118(5).

But then again, AFAIK, the rigid screw type coupling is designed with RMC or IMC not to be used with EMT, FMC connectors, even though we do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.