Allied Kwik Fit EMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

I havent used it, but Im sure it would be a labor saver if you were doing alot of long straight runs, but your still going to have to stock some couplings for when you cut pieces.

emahler

we are about to start a project were we have 1000's of feet of straight runs of 2-1/2", 3" and 4"....the price per foot of this is comparable to the price/foot of standard emt and a coupling...

i'm just wondering if it works or if it's a gimmick...just wish they went smaller than 2"

ultramegabob

emahler said:
we are about to start a project were we have 1000's of feet of straight runs of 2-1/2", 3" and 4"....the price per foot of this is comparable to the price/foot of standard emt and a coupling...

i'm just wondering if it works or if it's a gimmick...just wish they went smaller than 2"

why wouldnt it work? Im sure it works fine, although it kinda reminds me of the top rail on a chain-link fence:grin:

ultramegabob

I have been using steel couplings lately, I have had no problems with them so far, I would imagine it would be basically the same thing.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I have used it in the past and it does work well for risers and straight runs. There's a learning curve involved when using it to bend 90's and offsets since you have to figure that the final bend will need to take into account the next piece of conduit sliding into the coupling. Guys who forget to do this usually end up cutting off the coupling which defeats the purpose of using this stuff in the first place.

The kwik fit is great. It does save a lot of time on labor. Infinity is right though, it makes you use your head when bending 90's. If your going to run a lot of big pipe, this stuff helps keep your stock down. Less running to the storage trailer for material. I give it a huge thumbs up!!

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.