another help to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

It answers the question "Why am I allowed to do it?"
It does not answer the question "Why do they allow me to do it?"

why do they allow me to do it is the question to ask in this situation. when you have two possible outcomes then knowing why each is allowed and more important why they are not allowed would be a determining factor in the decision either to do or not to do.

kwired

Electron manager
why do they allow me to do it is the question to ask in this situation. when you have two possible outcomes then knowing why each is allowed and more important why they are not allowed would be a determining factor in the decision either to do or not to do.

Doesn't same question apply to most of the NEC? I can speculate as to why a lot of things are the way they are in the NEC, but unless you find out when that section was written or last changed and see the proposal, ROP's, etc. you will never really know exactly what the intent may have been.

Someone who is into building, rebuilding motors maybe has better knowledge as to why 40C+.

I can take a guess at maybe the higher temp rise means it can withstand a certain amount of overload. Main thing to remember is insulation breakdown is what is going to ultimately going to end the service of the motor, so one either needs insulation that can withstand higher temp or find a way of removing more heat to get a higher temp rating or higher service factor, or both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.