Another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFletcher

I can save you a hundred percent per month for free... Go turn your main breaker off LOL.

That little bit of advice is only half the price of the advertised device... Send me 2799 via PayPal.

gar

Occupation
EE
180525-2522 EDT

The guy does not talk (write) like an electrician, the video uses the typical trick of using an ammeter instead of a wattmeter, the video is poorly created, and the responses are clearly created frauds (arbitrary concoctions).

It is worse than most other scams like it.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
The most effective scams are those which appeal to greed on the part of the mark. This one is no different; get half your energy for free and screw the utility. Any pitch that starts out with "...what they don't want you to know..." gets tossed straight away into the scam bucket.

What's the deal with the "outlet" that the picture at the top of the page shows the device being plugged into?

drcampbell

Occupation
Registered Professional Engineer

kwired

Electron manager
Actually, that's my point. Their target demographic understands "power" more than "energy".
Their target doesn't understand either, they just push high numbers without the device and low numbers with it, and most anyone without electrical knowledge is understandable they will interpret that as meaning it will use less so it must cost less also.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I’ve devoted a lot of time in the past fighting against these scammers, even to the point of being threatened with lawsuits (empty threats by the way). This scam started in the 70s and eventually died, but was rekindled by the internet and easy ways to move money that got around mail and wire fraud laws. Then in the mid 2000s the money transfer laws tightened up, so these things slowed down a bit here in the US. I wonder if all the “deregulation” talk going on now has once again enabled them or st least emboldened them.

I haven’t watched the YouTube vids, but I’m willing to be they have some wonderful “testimonials” in the comments, yet the comments are disabled. That’s the typical MO for these scammers now, they have no taste for anyone challenging them with physics, math, electrical engineering or anything else that might be considered “truthier”. #fakenews.

Status
Not open for further replies.