Another Sign Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it me allowed to enter the back side of a wall mounted sign with the branch circuit and travel through the sign enclosure or raceway and terminate on the line side of a weather proof switch mounted on the sign enclosure. 600.5(C)(2) talks about branch circuit conductors and secondary conductors in the same J-box, enclosure or pull box but the contractor is coming into the sign, passing through the sign to the line terminals of the exterior mounted switch and then coming back into the sign off the load side terminals to feed the sign Xformer.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Agreed. They carry the same circuit's power. It's not like mixing service and feeder conductors.

Another sign question

Another sign question

I feel that the disconnect should disconnect all un-grounded conductors in the sign per 600.6. Based on that code reference I'm writing a red one.

hillbilly

I feel that the disconnect should disconnect all un-grounded conductors in the sign per 600.6. Based on that code reference I'm writing a red one.

What if it was a A/C unit with a internal 2 pole breaker (exterior handle) that was being used as the disconnect?

What if it was a Main breaker Panel?

Do these disconnect all of the un-grounded conductors inside the enclosure?

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.