Another trenching death

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
It's amazing how people who dig trenches on a regular basis allow this to happen.

It seems to many live by the "it won't happen to me" attitude, and some Innocent parties are paying the ultimate price for these people or companies.

This can very well happen in electrical accidents given the same disregard for safety.

Roger

noxx

Re: Another trenching death

That's just.......sigh.

Where to begin? I can't begin to understand it, any foreman who would order work in a 12' deep unshored trench, really ought to have his hands cut off.

Same token, and guy who says "Sure thing boss, omw" doesn't think much of his own life. Figure in management, other people on site, it's like a contest in stupidity.

Look out for yourselves guys, no one else is going to do it for you. Come home every day.

-RS

jimwalker

Very sad that this had to happen.From the article he knew the danger and was scared.Maybe he needed that job a bit too much so he could feed his family.Would hope all of us would walk away before we did something that a boss ordered when we know it could easily kill us.OSHA will handle this i hope.

luke warmwater

And where is the justice?
As stated by the article, the wife will most likely NOT get a worker's comp setlement due to the nature of his job class, but OSHA will most likely be getting a big chunk from an imposed fine.
Truly sad.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician

true luke warmwater.

however i think you'll find there are few that are willing to debate the overall efficy of the safety community.

which, btw, our tax dollars (fine subsidized, yes) pay for

A

a.wayne3@verizon.net

Good point RJ, it is still our $ out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.