Anti condensation heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,

I have got one outdoor LV panel with anti-condenation heater inside. It has got a thermostat, control range from 5degree to 30degreeC. My site is in Qatar and it is very humid here at summer season. Amb.Temp is more than 40degreeC. At this amb.temp. thermostat will not turn ON and so there is a chance of anticondenation,bcoz of high humidity. Now my main doubt is, is this anti-condensation heaters and thermostats intended only for winter season? If so, how can we protect our panels at humid summer season from anti-condensation?

Good morning,
I would first consider changing your control method maybe a high rated thermostat or possibly a humidistat. thermostat or humidistat, both of these items are also available as option accessories.
The thermostats are available with temperature setting from 0-60C,maybe even more while the humidistat has a setting range of 35-95%RH (relative humidity).
good luck

LHarrington

masterinbama

Hoffman makes some desiccant sponges that I use in water treatment plants.
I use them in the pipe galleries and they do a pretty good job. Cabinet fans would also work because they keep the temperature even inside and outside of your enclosures.

jghrist

Consider leaving the heaters on continuously by bypassing the thermostat. You need to have the enclosure at a higher temperature than ambient whenever ambient is below the dew point. If Qatar is like the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, the dew point can get as high as 40?C.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
jghrist said:
Consider leaving the heaters on continuously by bypassing the thermostat. You need to have the enclosure at a higher temperature than ambient whenever ambient is below the dew point. If Qatar is like the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, the dew point can get as high as 40?C.

This is the best answer. It's all about the dew point, not any specific temperature. The Dew Point varies with temperature AND relative humidity.

396px-Dewpoint-RH.svg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.