Anti pumping relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

VINODH

Hi all, Kindly clarify my doubt.

Anti-pumping relays prevents circuit breakers from multiple closures.
ie.. It mean we could'nt close it again or pressing is disabled???
How does it helps us???

Regards
Vinodh

T

T.M.Haja Sahib

Hi all, Kindly clarify my doubt.

Anti-pumping relays prevents circuit breakers from multiple closures.
ie.. It mean we could'nt close it again or pressing is disabled???
How does it helps us???

Regards
Vinodh

If a short circuit arises at the moment the operator is closing the breaker via a 'close' push button,the opening and closing of the breaker could happen multiple times for the duration the 'close' push button remains depressed by the operator.This may result in possible damages to the breaker.This can be prevented using the anti-pumping relay.

RESI

Anti pumping relay

I work in a power plant and we have anti pumping relay schemes in our 4160 volt breakers. Basically, the Operator cannot attempt a second closure of the breaker until the mechanical part of the breaker is in position, reset. When the breaker is ready for a second closure attempt mechanically, a micro switch tells the control circuit, OK, I am reset and ready for another closure attempt.

rcwilson

Anti-pumping circuits are designed to allow only one attempt at closing a circuit breaker to prevent close-trip-close-trip-close-trip pumping action if a trip signal is present when the breaker closes. The circuit usually has a seal-in relay that is latched by the close input and stays latched until the close signal is removed. If we turn the control switch to "CLOSE" and hold it there, the close solenoid energizes through a NC contact of the anti-pump relay. The relay latches and prevents another closing signal until we release the control switch to reset the anti-latch relay.

On some breakers, the anti-pump is done through limit switches and/or mechanical interlocks on the breaker closing mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.