Any body with EPA experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pullnwire

Occupation
Electrician, Business Owner, SME and Trade Instructor
I am working on a project and I will be installing a 125 KW lp genset. a couple I have seen are EPA certified, other brands with identical drivetrains have no EPA information. I dont want to price something out and get stuck later. I was told by a rep that the LP/NG ones are exempt. Any body been thru this before.

brian john

In our area we need a Exhaust permit (not sure that is the name as I have nothing to do with permitting this), fuel tank permit, spill permit for possible spills with a plan of action.

We learned the hard way all that is involved.

County issued EC and GC permits and then at final we found all this out.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Be very careful there in Cali... PETA may plan to protest your job if they hear about you installing anything like a a squirrel cage motor (how dare you abuse animals, making them run like that):D

ceb58

I am working on a project and I will be installing a 125 KW lp genset. a couple I have seen are EPA certified, other brands with identical drivetrains have no EPA information. I dont want to price something out and get stuck later. I was told by a rep that the LP/NG ones are exempt. Any body been thru this before.

We install a new gen. at one of our boiler plants which had to have a air quality permit. The state air quality division came in and got the info from the gen. to make sure that it was built to air quality standards and specks. I would make a call before pricing.

Pullnwire

Occupation
Electrician, Business Owner, SME and Trade Instructor
I will be calling the SCAQMD tomorrow morning. (South Coast Air Quality Management District) I am looking forward to that......... I read the permit starts at 2185.00$

Status
Not open for further replies.