Any Experience with LED tape lights that are found all over Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_Sacamano

Occupation
electrician
They're tempting to install under cabinets. Seems like they offer good mark-up potential. Some are Wi-Fi and enable voice activation and scene setting. They offer a wide variety of implementations. However, none of the marketing appeals to me. They all seem gimmicky. I don't have an interest installing color changing lights! Can anyone recommend a brand that I can feel confident installing in a customer's home without fearing a call back? I'm aware that the tape doesn't hold and I have to use alternative means (i.e gorilla tape, bracket clips, etc.).

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I would not touch any of that crap with a 10 foot pole. My labor, need for code compliance, reputation are worth far more than initial cost. The only vendor that I trust is a company named DiodeLED. It is commercial grade, you can count on the longevity, color, stated specs, etc. There are some others out there that are as good. All quality LED tape lighting is fairly expensive but in my view worth the cost.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I've had great success and customer approval with GM Lighting. Let me know if you want some help.

Todd0x1

Don't forget about the NRTL listing issue, alot of that amazon stuff isnt listed. I had a one off project that was only up for a day and the tape was disposable so I bought from amazon. First I bought a few different ones to evaluate, then bought qty of the one I liked. Across the strips and between different strips the brightness was inconsistent (was the LEDs not voltage drop). I think the cheap led tape is using reject LEDs. The good tape uses LEDs that are binned meaning they are sorted for consistency and graded.

Status
Not open for further replies.