Any last advice for a masters test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dia480

I am taking my Masters on Saturday and its with experior. Any last comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. I must say this forum has helped me greatly with some calculation deficits I have had. Any questions that would be on the experior test that wouldn't be a normal study type question that you can think of would be great too.!!!!!!!

Thanks

[ June 12, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: dia480 ]

bphgravity

Re: Any last advice for a masters test?

Prepare for anything and forget nothing.

Chances are, the room you will be in will be either too cold or too hot, it will be very crowded and noisey, the seating will be very uncomfortable, and the lighting will be poor.

Bring two of everything; pencils, calculators, references, ect...

Leave early and get to the test site on time! Try not to socialize too much with others without being rude, of course. Others always seem to have horror stories or pass on incorrect information that can effect your confidence.

Once you start the exam, keep your concentration to yourself and avoid looking at others. Other exam takers will be cheating or using references not allowed. Dont let this bother you. Everyone will seem like they are getting done before you. The exam is not a race and points are not given for speed. Take your time and work at your pace.

If you prepare for all the worst of events, if and when they do not happen, you will be way ahead of the game. Take headache medication and antacid with you to the site, just in case.

These are some of the mental aspects of taking the exam. As far as technical adice goes, when in doubt, use the process of elimination.

90% of Experior Exam questons are in a standard format. 1 answer will be way off, 1 or 2 will be common mistakes or misconceptions, the remaining 1 or 2 answers will be near the correct or the correct answer. Use this to your advantage. 1 in 5 is not as good as 1 in 2 choices!

Use the examples in ANNEX D whenever possible. Study the Article 100 Definitions from now to right up to the exam.

Stay calm, relax, be confident. I am sure you will do fine! Good Luck and let us know how you do. :D

pierre

Re: Any last advice for a masters test?

Dia480

Bob's advice is great, I will add my two cents worth. I teach a test prep class and see where some guys have problems.
1. follow Bob's advice, I would print it out if I was you.

2. Do not read for speed, very simple mistakes are made because you will miss one word in the sentence and it will change the whole meaning.

3. After reading the question, do not forget to read the answers, sometimes the answers make it easier to understand the question.

4. Do not forget to answer all the questions, you get 0 points for unanswered questions, a 25% chance if you guess.

5. Bring water and a power bar or something like it, the brain uses a lot of energy to 'think'.

6. When you start the test try to answer all of the question you know first. This will give you some confidence, and get you rolling in the right direction.

7. Do not panic, it is only a test.

8. BE CONFIDENT, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.