Any one from Idaho

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Thinking of moving to Idaho. Wish I kept my journeyman license got ride of it cause supervisors superseded it. Call in the morning.
If any of you are from around there what a good city and a bad city?
Looking to like 30-40 from any major city.
What’s your going rate for resi work.
This is probably a 2 year project. Would like to start doing research on the area and would appreciate pointers.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I am an master in WA, but its expired. I can retake my journey level if I needed it.
I lived in Idaho Falls for three years when in the Navy. Very strong economy, lots of resi work. Unlike the OR coast, 4 real seasons, you must have an winter outdoor sport. IF is close to Yellowstone, Tetons, great fishing and skiing, Another nice area is Twin Falls or Magic Valley,
I was in Twin and IF last Sept. Twin area all the farms seemed prosperous. IF is growing like crazy.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
I was looking at property and was amazed at the price difference I can’t get an acre for under 100k an acre at my area.over there Saw in the 200k for 20-50 acres. I am sure they have zoning issue and other issues but that is not heard of in my are. Was 15 years ago

Wheather I am cool with I worked in Fairbanks during winter and Nevada during summer. Of course that been 8 years ago
I’ll look in twins and IF first thanks

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Just remember the CDA area by me is terribly overpriced but has started to come down. Throughout the state everything has changed vs 20 years ago but people think wages should stay low like they used to be. Even 5 years ago you could get a house in Northern Idaho with 10 acres for 250k now it's a million or more for anything nicer than a single wide from the 60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.