Anybody know when Table 220.84 is applicable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullheimer

It is for Multifamily Dwelling units. Optional Load calcs for the SECs.

i gotta lady with a huge house on a 200A service that wants to subdivide, w/o building permits, but with electrical permits, her downstairs basement into two apts. That will total three dwelling units, no?

The only way that this service will pass is if i can use the 45% demand factors for 3 units (or should i say "units"). We may or may not be installing three meters in place of one, or at the least CTs. Our power co doesn't care if a permit is pulled for the building as long as the load calcs say it wont fry the 4/0AL so.....hey, calcs are calcs!

i got a call into the AHJ but have yet to hear back. just wondering if anybody has been able to use this on a similar project. it seems to me that if you are talking about sizing a single service for multiple units, that this article should apply. thanks, the bull

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
There are stipulations to the table- Read the associated art. each dwelling must have electric cooking equipment and either electric space heaters or a/c or both

bullheimer

my inspectors said if she got something from that County that said she was a multifamily residence, like what is that? rezone it? then they would let me use the optional calcs. oh well, adios old service. got to put in 350MCM now and dig up the 2.5 inch conduit to the cristy box.
which all means the price went out of this gays range and we wont get to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.