Anybody use these 'retro' style switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

I was working in an old house in Seattle and the customer had these switches installed. I had never seen them before and he wanted to add some more. Finally, I found them after several hours of searching on the web. They're really nice switches and they look great with all the old woodwork and casings in the house. There are two left that are still pending UL approval. I'm just wondering if anyone has ran across them.

They're located at Antique Reproduction Light Switches

r-010ca-hd-1.jpg

bphgravity

Re: Anybody use these 'retro' style switches?

I've seen a few of these at an old theater dated to the turn of the century. The place was converted into a antique store. I wanted them so bad, but the owner would let them go. I didn't know there are remakes! Looks like I will be getting a couple after all. :D

mdshunk

I've used them for replacements, but never for a new job. They are pretty much standard fare for any home bulit throughout the 1920's. The replacements were not UL listed when last I used them. I am aware of two outfits that are making them. They are quite expensive. It runs in my mind that I have to bill the customer around $40 for a 3-way, and about $50 for a 4-way.

allenwayne

They are quite expensive. It runs in my mind that I have to bill the customer around $40 for a 3-way, and about $50 for a 4-way.
I hope that is not the final bill is :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.