Anyone familiar with Clipsal lighting controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Family friend called me about installing two chandeliers. She has a Square D Clipsal system.

The channel for the existing fixture is set to ramp on at 100%, and she wants to dim it.

This system was installed and commissioned by Square D. Does anyone know if the software can be downloaded by anyone to make adjustments, or does it have to be a dealer? I’m not sure if they’re still even selling this in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Family friend called me about installing two chandeliers. She has a Square D Clipsal system.

The channel for the existing fixture is set to ramp on at 100%, and she wants to dim it.

This system was installed and commissioned by Square D. Does anyone know if the software can be downloaded by anyone to make adjustments, or does it have to be a dealer? I’m not sure if they’re still even selling this in the US.

Wow, that's a name I haven't seen a while. AFAIK Square D stopped selling this in the US 7-8 years ago. Not sure if they even still own it. Used to be big in Australia. I was certified by them on this about 10 years ago but never did anything with it as we were aligned with Control 4 and Lutron. I'd say you will need to call your Square D rep for guidance.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design

I think you can program them with C-Bus Toolkit
Is this what your looking for?
https://www.clipsal.com/Trade/Support/Software

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Upon further investigation, this channel is not dimmable.

Thought I’d share a few pics of this system, as my understanding is there were very few actually sold and installed. This particular house was the third one in the US to have it according to square D. This house was built roughly 10 years ago. They spent about six figures for what amounts to nothing more than a dimming system, as literally nothing else in the house is integrated with it (other than a few shades).

Here is one of the cans; it’s a loadcenter cabinet with a backboard and custom cover.

8b264bb2f49fd5c72f8b961505848850.jpg

ee2aefa30eabf45a320c3824c1d2fb5e.jpg

Saturn keypad .... and questionable placement of the Nuvo controls.

7057dcf16f21d8c0ca9dc85178740577.jpg

Neo keypad ....

7123f903dc113e75967c98ec8207719a.jpg

Touchscreen controller 1 of 3

9acda44fd301378242d1ad3802211394.jpg

A smaller touchscreen keypad

29efd0e3f9091ac1485cac986851bf16.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.