Anyone familiar with Siemens PCS7 (V.9) here?

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

4-20mA

an analog man in a digital world
Occupation
Instrumentation & Electrical
I've been searching online and in what little literature we have for some icon descriptions for the smaller icons that appear in the displayable on-screen blocks, a Dose Block in this instance. I know what some mean, but some elude me and my semi-retired part-time programmer.

See the yellow hand and the red F, I would like to find a library or list of these just for my own reference. Maybe one of you Guru's can help, thanks.

e10b64d51745f637b4f16e5153b311e1.jpg

Teaser2

Occupation
Electrician/EE
"F" usually means Fault; click on it to see what the fault status is. This is similar to Rockwell's PlantPAx faceplates. The yellow hand is for "hand" , manual operation verses A for Auto. What you displayed showing that you are in hand, manual mode for control. Your solenoid valve shows that the letter M, the valve is controlled from the "faceplate" not in Auto.

These are built in AOI (Add On Instructions) or faceplates that usually have pre-built internal logic. Usually downloaded from Siemens, Rockwell, Omron's ...Website if they are not already part of the project.

I hope I understood what you were asking correctly.

4-20mA

Occupation
Thank you very much for that. I will peruse that link here shortly. I am well aware of the manual/auto/internal/external icons. It's the faults and the hand that confuse me sometimes and clicking on the icon itself does nothing. Not sure if it's just not configured that way or what. I reset the dose quantity and the hand goes away. Still trying to track down the quote-unquote fault. I'll keep digging. I'd love to have some answers by time my programmer comes back next week.

4-20mA

Occupation
OK, so I got to the bottom of it. I did some poking around in the chart functions for that block, and it turns out the force value on that dose block is a CancelForce being utilized by the "cancel" button from the faceplate. In other words, it's being used to stop the charge anytime you want to stop a dose/charge without having to wait on the dose to complete. I know there's a ton of ways to do it, but that's what we are doing with this one.

While I was reverse engineering stuff and learning, I looked at a steam control valve that had the F icon on it as well. On that type we use a ForceMV to drive the control valve to -1% when in an interlock condition. Some freaking cool stuff, and this DCS is way more capable then what we utilize it for too. Anyway, thanks for the point in the right direction, learned some things today!

Have a great weekend, I'm going shrimping!

Teaser2

Occupation
Electrician/EE
OK, so I got to the bottom of it. I did some poking around in the chart functions for that block, and it turns out the force value on that dose block is a CancelForce being utilized by the "cancel" button from the faceplate. In other words, it's being used to stop the charge anytime you want to stop a dose/charge without having to wait on the dose to complete. I know there's a ton of ways to do it, but that's what we are doing with this one.

While I was reverse engineering stuff and learning, I looked at a steam control valve that had the F icon on it as well. On that type we use a ForceMV to drive the control valve to -1% when in an interlock condition. Some freaking cool stuff, and this DCS is way more capable then what we utilize it for too. Anyway, thanks for the point in the right direction, learned some things today!

Have a great weekend, I'm going shrimping!
I am glad that I was able to assist in some way. I hope your shrimping day was great. :)