Anyone have experience with e-conolight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Anyone have experience with e-conolight? It looks like a discount lighting supplier out of Wisconsin offering a low cost line.
They offer track heads UL listed as compatible with Juno.
Any real world experience with this stuff?
Do the LED lights perform well?
thanks

Bought many flood lights and high bay T-5 fixtures over the years, never have had a problem. Replaced a couple of defective fixtures with no problem. I would recommend them IMHO!

ericsherman37

Yeah, I love 'em. Dirt cheap (kinda) and not too terribly different from more expensive versions of the same thing.

I use them for exit sign lights and wallpacks, mostly. Haven't had any issues yet.

peter d

I had a small job recently where I needed a bunch of exit signs, exit/emergency combos , remote outdoor heads, etc. They were far cheaper than the local suppliers for the exact same product. And all ordered from my computer and shipped to my house. :)

I have ordered their outdoor floods and exit products in the past as well and have had great success with them.

ceb58

I have had good luck with them also. Had a bad exit/emg. light combo that was bad. They sent me a new one with a prepaid shipping label to send the old one back. You can save $$$ if it is a bid job and if the order is large enough you can get free shipping.

hurk27

RUUD lighting and E-cono lights come out of the same factory in Wisconsin they are a manufacture not a supplier, that will sell directly to a contractor, I like RUUD mounting for wall packs and the longer warranties but for lower cost jobs I use E-cono all the time, they both supply lamps with all their fixtures, and beat about anyone for replacment lamps.

ericsherman37

We use their stuff regularly.

Beware, though --- their MH wall paks require wire rated for 150C! Regular THHN won't cut it on those ...

Never realized that! I don't think I've used one of their MH wallpacks before, though... I've only used their CFL ones. Good to know.

I had a small job recently where I needed a bunch of exit signs, exit/emergency combos , remote outdoor heads, etc. They were far cheaper than the local suppliers for the exact same product. And all ordered from my computer and shipped to my house. :)

I think you get an automatic 10% discount by ordering online rather than by phone. At least that's what the sales lady told me when I called in with an order.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
I buy from them, the cheap fixtures from Wisconsin been lasting about as long as the expensive ones bought local. Mostly wallpacks but here lately some flourescent floods.

dmagyar

I bought a sample T-8 warehouse light

I bought a sample T-8 warehouse light

I ordered one of the T-8 warehouse lights, without tubes. Good price, but it arrived bent and twisted. Called and complained and in the end took the fixture apart and hammered it back into shape. I didn't want to have to wait for the replacement fixture to arrive in order to demonstrate it.

Overall a good fixture but watch out for the packaging. If they would have used some tubular stiffeners in the packaging along the extents it would have arrived in better shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.