anyone take md master exam in baltimore recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still trying to find out which reference materials are allowed in the master electrician exam for md. I plan to take it at the baltimore testing location. PSI gives the exam and their candidate bulletin lists several reference materials including code book, ohm's law, electrical theory and mathematics, local code rulings, and field practices. I can't tell if these are references to be studied or to be used as open book at exam. I contacted the state and they refer all questions to PSI. I emailed PSI received no reply after two weeks. I then called PSI and spoke to a representative. She couldn't tell me for certain one way or the other. I asked if there was a way to contact the person at the baltimore location to ask what they allowed and she told me that was not possible. So much for customer service. I would like to know what recent test taskers experiences have been. Thanks for your time.

MD Exam

MD Exam

I have taken several Master Electrician exams across the country this year. PSI has been one of the testing centers I have had to deal with. I have also experienced the same thing with attempting to get a good answer from them. Maryland is next on my list and believe me I will show up to the exam site with the Reference material which they list in the candidate bulletin. The worst thing that can happen is, they tell you, this or that is not allowed. My understanding is that what they are showing as Reference Material is alllowed in to the test with you. I will also posess a copy of this list when I show up to test.
KR

nakulak

I took MD master last year in Lanham, MD. A clean (no hand writing, but tabs ok) code book was allowed, calculators (non programmable) are allowed. I got the impression that any reference materials were allowed because two other guys taking hvac tests had a stack of books, but I didn't bother asking (all you need is code book IMO).

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I am still trying to find out which reference materials are allowed in the master electrician exam for md. I plan to take it at the baltimore testing location. PSI gives the exam and their candidate bulletin lists several reference materials including code book, ohm's law, electrical theory and mathematics, local code rulings, and field practices. I can't tell if these are references to be studied or to be used as open book at exam. I contacted the state and they refer all questions to PSI. I emailed PSI received no reply after two weeks. I then called PSI and spoke to a representative. She couldn't tell me for certain one way or the other. I asked if there was a way to contact the person at the baltimore location to ask what they allowed and she told me that was not possible. So much for customer service. I would like to know what recent test taskers experiences have been. Thanks for your time.

CLICK THIS LINK:):cool:..http://candidate.psiexams.com/bulle...actionname=83&bulletinid=123&bulletinurl=.pdf

inspector141

Here is the reference material that is allowed for the open book(s) exam:

The Master Electrician examination is open book.
NFPA 70 - National Electrical Code, 2008, National Fire
Protection Association (NFPA), 1 Batterymarch Park,
Quincy, MA 02169, (800) 344-3555, www.nfpa.org
Ohm?s Law
Electrical Theory and Mathematics
Practical Electrical Field Work Practices
Local Code Rulings as Applicable
Reference books may be highlighted, underlined, and/or
indexed. They must be otherwise unmarked (not written in)
and may not contain additional papers (loose or attached).
THESE REFERENCES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE IN THE TEST
CENTER.

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.