Anyone willing to share their sample Invoice/Proposals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm possibly looking to get some invoice/proposal printed up when starting my company. I imagine many have created them via Excel and had them printed up with carbon copy paper.

Does anyone have a sample they would like to share? If so, you can PM me and I'll pass along my email address.

Lastly, what's the protcol most people use? When estimating, bidding, giving proposals for work that you plan on doing, do you give a seperate sheet for the pre-work and then after the work is done, draw a final invoice showing materials, labor, and totals?

Any info. would help greatly.

e57

What we have done lately is have excel sheets on 'docs to go' and have them right on a Treo phone. E-mail it anywhere...

Excel is so easy to customize it'll take you no time at all to make just about anything you want.

bjp_ne_elec

I have a form that I got through the internet - paid about $10 for it - and I just fill it out. It is set up so you can drop a company logo in to it - haven't done that yet, as I'm still working on my logo. I work up the estimate in an Excel spreadsheet - on worksheet is detailed, the second one is line items, if it's a small residential job If it's commercial, or I think it's going to be over $1000 for residential, I go in to my estimating software.

I don't itemize on my invoices, and just leave things as line items - a description of the work and what "parts" are going to be installed - but not a detailed list of the materials. This line item approach comes out of the second worksheet I mention above. I get a lot of customers that would focus on the materials list, and think they "could get it cheaper at Home Cheapo" - I tried that approach, and then there are too many questions.

Brett

celtic

threephase said:
I imagine many have created them via Excel and had them printed up with carbon copy paper.
People still use dot matrix printers??? Carbon and inkjet/laser printers don't seem to work very well ;)

flick

I use a Quickbooks Estimate and Invoice template that I've customized with company logo, etc. Works good for me. Mine is pretty simple though, so if you want something fancy, a printer may be the way to go.

John

e57

Back on the topic of forms... Many Proposals and Estimates or the like may have to have some legalist state rquire verbage on it in certain fonts etc... All states are different - might wanna check on that....

bjp_ne_elec

e57 - very good point. The electronic form that I purchased does come with legal verbiage at the bottom, and it can be edited to adjust to a certain states requirements.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.