appliance circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwjim

the local electrical inspector quoted 210.52b in regard to requiring the dining room to be on the appliance circuit. i am confused i always new that you could put the dining rooms outlets on the appliance circuit but is it now required?

allenwayne

Re: appliance circuits

It can be before or after the gfci device,or can be an additional 20 amp circuit but yes 210 52 b is also in regards to didning/nook receotacles

mc5w

Usually I use 4 or 6 small appliance circuits in the kitchen+dining room and another 2 in the laundry. This avoids callbacks because somebody tried to use 2 George Foreman grills and the microwave oven at the same time.

The minimum in NEC for the small applicance circuits is bases on what hillbillies need and can afford. If you are builing a $100,000 house you need to use a higher standard.

I have intent to be using the word hillbilly to insult somebody. Heck, I can only afford to drive a hillbilly rustbucket junkmobile so I guess that I am a hillbilly too.

allenwayne

In residential circuit design is usually up to rough crew ;) As a company we have a standard.
Microwave/hood dedicated,fridge dedicated,d/w dedicated.disposal dedicated,2 SA circuits and nook /dining can come off of or feed these as long as balanced in receptacle outlet #`s .Or dining nook seperate I prefer it this way.Now I have done homes that had a ridiculous amount of counter space and have installed more than the required 2 SA circuits,but at that point common scense determines that ;)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

Originally posted by bphgravity: Yes, the dining room receptacles are required to be on a small appliance circuit.
I agree, of course. But I prefer to think of it in the opposite sense: When you put the receptacles in the dining room, the circuit that supplies them becomes, by rule, a "Small Appliance Circuit."

luke warmwater

Doing a house right now that the lot was half a million $$, less than an acre. Probably 3/4 acre or a little less.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Just finished roughing a 7000+ sq.ft. house. We gave the kitchen six 20-amp S/A receptacle circuits, distributed as follows:

Large island w/ sink - 3 rec's
Microwave + dining-room rec's
Appliance barn - 2 rec's
Counterspace left of range - 2 rec's
Counterspace right of range - 1 rec and fridge
Dishwasher and disposer

pierre

Building lots of 50X100 are selling here for around $300,000.00 without the house.
There are areas around here where the lots are minimum 10 acres @ $1,000,000.00 per acre before the house goes up.
The average house in this area is $610,000.00/approx 2000sqft.
I have been inspecting multiple houses of 20-25,000 sqft that are around 25million dollars.

I have no idea where all of this money is coming from :eek:
If I did not live here for so long, I would not be able to live here. As it is the taxes are a killer.
I wonder what the poor people are doing?

I just inspected a horse fair with multiple tents. They had 7 tents housing a total of 1000 horses, where the people with the horses had to rent a space 8'X8' for $250.00 - not bad.

allenwayne

Pierre I think the same thing here.There are at least 20 new gated communities and another 30 tract home communities within 30 miles of me.Starting at 160,000 to the million dollar + range.1/4 of these are 2 years old and there is a new one opening up billed as it`s own city within a city malls.schools etc.
I just wonder #1 where is all this money coming from ?? #2 since there is no industry here what is the infrastructure other than construction and retail sales to support this type of growth # 3 where is all the water for all these communities coming from when 3 years ago the drought was so bad sink holes were swallowing up homes left and right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.