Are we allowed to run multiple feeders to one single building per NEC 225.30

aakhan

Occupation
Electrical designer
Hello there I'm working on a project located at los angeles, This project has two buildings each building has two units. So can I run two feeders at the other building which will be terminated on a disconnect.

aakhan

Occupation
Electrical designer
Are they feeders or services?

Feeders. I’m proposing a switchgear at building 1 which will have four energy meters of four units in two buildings . Two meters for the two units in building one and two meters for the other building. The two feeders running to the other building will be connected via fused disconnect. Each feeder will have its own disconnect and will be connected to the panel. I could have posted single line if this thread allows to post screenshot.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
To comply with 225.30 (B) the two disconnects at each building must be grouped. It sounds like this is what you are describing so then it would be compliant. That is, two feeders come out of the ground to two fused disconnects which are grouped together, then from there they go to panels in the units. They cannot go to disconnects in different locations.

Note also that this is only allowed because they are fed by the same piece of equipment, the switchgear/meterpack you mentioned.

aakhan

Occupation
Electrical designer
To comply with 225.30 (B) the two disconnects at each building must be grouped. It sounds like this is what you are describing so then it would be compliant. That is, two feeders come out of the ground to two fused disconnects which are grouped together, then from there they go to panels in the units. They cannot go to disconnects in different locations.

Note also that this is only allowed because they are fed by the same piece of equipment, the switchgear/meterpack you mentioned.
Thanks. Appreciate the help