Arkansas Journeyman test

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoppdude

Hello, does anyone know what code edition Arkansas currently uses for their Journeyman test. I know the sate has adopted the 2008 code, but I would like to know what cycle they test with. I ask this, because Ca uses the 2002 code for test , but has adopted the 2005. In the possible event that I have to travel out of state for work, Arkansas reciprocates with a great number of states. Thanks for the responses.

Grogan14

I acquired an Arkansas journeyman's for the very same reason, while residing in Massachusetts. The list of reciprocal states is indeed impressive, but there are a few caveats.

Most of those states do require you hold the license you tested for for 1 year before they will grant you a reciprocal. Also, many have additional requirements. I recently looked into obtaining an Oregon journeyman's, and they require not only the 1-year waiting period, but that you show proof of having worked for at least the 6-months in the state of Arkansas directly prior to your applying.

Still, Arkansas was the most reasonable of any state I contacted, and the folks in the office there were very nice and easy to deal with. You can test at several locations around the country, though the closest for me was NJ - a 5-hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.