Art. 547

Status
Not open for further replies.

magoo66

A couple of years ago I make a bid on an agricultural installation (or so I thought). It was a large steel structure (900'x300' open on all sides, probably 30' at the peak). It processed dairy cow manure into compost. The bid was for lighting, general use receptacles and one 10 hp sub pump. After a phone call to the State AHJ, I bid the job using prices for pvc coated MC, pvc j-boxes, feeder conduits and sch. 80 "risers" to outlets. I lost the job to an EC who used EMT, set-screw fittings, metal four-square's and regular MC. The local (county) AHJ approved the job. Drove by it yesterday and it's already starting to corrode. Would you gripe?

physis

Re: Art. 547

If I took the lower bid and the installation didn't stand up so well and I further had a bid that addressed the reasons behind the corrosion?

Yes. I'd be furious.

Edit: In another 5 years when he has to redo it you might get the bid. :)

[ July 23, 2005, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: physis ]

magoo66

Wiring in the same small dairy community that I grew up in, I have done LOTS of farm work (talk about hacks! but thats another story). The only thing that seems to hold up is PVC. Dairy cow manure is nasty stuff.

macmikeman

So is chicken ____. I used to do conveyor system wiring at a large egg farm. One billion flies. It stunk so bad I almost puked when getting out of the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.