Article 110-34 (A) Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Wiggler

Can you provide me some interpertation for this article?

I need to provide the Clear Working Space for a 12,500 volt Switchboard. Do you calculate the clear working space from the gear to a grounded wall (Condition 2) as 6 feet? Or do you assume 12,500 volts measured from one phase to ground as around 7,200 volts to ground? In which case you could use the 5 foot clearance as depicted in Condition 2.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Voltage to ground is the title in the left hand column. If this is a 12,500/7,200 volt system, then the condition 2 clearance requirement is 5 feet.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Can you provide me some interpertation for this article?

I need to provide the Clear Working Space for a 12,500 volt Switchboard. Do you calculate the clear working space from the gear to a grounded wall (Condition 2) as 6 feet? Or do you assume 12,500 volts measured from one phase to ground as around 7,200 volts to ground? In which case you could use the 5 foot clearance as depicted in Condition 2.

I noticed you said "assume...one phase to ground as around 7200 volts". Is this system ungrounded? If so, I'm not sure if you use the 12,500 volts, or the 7200 volts.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.