Ats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduardo Maun

Do you have a picture how the ATS works? Or link that has video clip how the operation works, I mean once the normal power has been cut and then generator runs through auto start going to the switching mode.

Well I know how the ATS works but I have never seen it yet!!!

Thank you!!!

God Bless...

480sparky

There's really not that much to 'see.' It's about the same as watching a disconnect get opened.... a series of connections get broken, then another get made. Imagine opening a disconnect by hand, then closing it again.... about the same.
Depending on the size of the ATS, you're more like to feel it than see it.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
480sparky said:
There's really not that much to 'see.'
Depending on the size of the ATS, you're more like to feel it than see it.
Eduardo, I'll get a video, but as 480 stated it's not much to see. It takes less than a second and goes down with two big BANGS.

brian john

The majority of ATS's are normal seeking devices, upon the loss of power a (old design) relay drops out closing contacts for engine starting, a separate relay sensing voltage and frequency closes when the generator has achived acceptable voltage and frequency. This powers either a contactor, motor operated circuit breaker or linear actuator. Upon restoration of power the reverse happens.

One of the best drawings to get the working down IMO is from Zenith (UNFORTUNATLY NOW GE) their ZTS model (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.