Attn: Those new to the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizbeedog

I'm guessing that's the new one.

Sorry about your financial setback. I'll do better next time. :smile:

Got a pic of the damaged one?

360Youth

The situation is sad and wrong :mad: , but for some reason your post just cracked me up :D . I am truly sorry for the mixed emotions. I hope you understand. :smile:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
360Youth said:
The situation is sad and wrong :mad: , but for some reason your post just cracked me up :D . I am truly sorry for the mixed emotions. I hope you understand. :smile:

Thanks for the replys. I see I should have saved this for one of those silly weekend threads.:smile:

360Youth

chris kennedy said:
Thanks for the replys. I see I should have saved this for one of those silly weekend threads.:smile:

With any luck it may still be around. I have seen less substantial topics go far longer than that. :grin:

frizbeedog

chris kennedy said:

Mabey. But tool care is a hard concept to get accross, and I don't know why. It baffles me.

Excuse me son. Mind telling me why the mud wasn't wiped off the tools before you put them back in the truck?

Pardon me kid, but where are the missing drill bits that were in the index this morning.

Hey dude, why have all the batteries be discharged, and why didn't you set up the charger after the fisrt one died?

Hey, numbnutts, when were you planning to clear those round pieces of wood out of the hole saws? Wait...I'll do it the next time I need to use it.

Excuse me for a moment kid, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. Oh yea, where is the flashlight. Excuse me? I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you say at the last job we were at?

:mad: :-?

chris kennedy

Occupation
frizbeedog said:
Mabey. But tool care is a hard concept to get accross, and I don't know why. It baffles me.

Excuse me son. Mind telling me why the mud wasn't wiped off the tools before you put them back in the truck?

Pardon me kid, but where are the missing drill bits that were in the index this morning.

Hey dude, why have all the batteries be discharged, and why didn't you set up the charger after the fisrt one died?

Hey, numbnutts, when were you planning to clear those round pieces of wood out of the hole saws? Wait...I'll do it the next time I need to use it.

Excuse me for a moment kid, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. Oh yea, where is the flashlight. Excuse me? I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you say at the last job we were at?

Post of the week.

480sparky

frizbeedog said:

Don't forget the "Is there any reason you're too lazy to remove the wire and black tape off then end of the fish tape before you put it back in the job box?"

chris kennedy

Occupation
480sparky said:
Don't forget the "Is there any reason you're too lazy to remove the wire and black tape off then end of the fish tape before you put it back in the job box?"
"So you figured you would just drive that $6 metal bit through the back box into the concrete?"

jeremysterling

I had a helper tell me the ratchet was getting hard to turn on the 3/4 KO he was cutting. Just when I turned, I saw all the ball bearings leaking out of the thrust bearing which had taken the place of the cup he left in the case. Doh!

360Youth

jeremysterling said:
I had a helper tell me the ratchet was getting hard to turn on the 3/4 KO he was cutting. Just when I turned, I saw all the ball bearings leaking out of the thrust bearing which had taken the place of the cup he left in the case. Doh!

I have seen them put the cup on backwards and try and drive the cutter into the back of it.

jeremysterling

360Youth said:
I have seen them put the cup on backwards and try and drive the cutter into the back of it.

Or, fail to release the hydraulic all the way and get it stuck. Or, fail to clean out the slug and get it stuck. Or, pinch a hot wire and blow it up. (oh, that was me, guilty on all counts!)

electricalperson

360Youth said:
my helper done that a few times. heres a trick. sharpen the cup with a file or something like that and it will cut like new. i was told the cup is the part that does the cutting and the cutter drives the metal down through to the cup

jayrad1122

my JOURNEYMAN was quickly using my punch set and used the 1in cup on my 1-1/4 die. and broke the die. he took it to the supply house the next day to buy me a new one only after i told the boss and they replaced it for FREE. Lucky him, he didn't even have to replace it. I was pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.