Attorney and Insurance Company recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcc146

I am relatively new to Florida and was an electrical contractor for many years in another local. I recently obtained my Florida Unlimited Electrical License and as of now, it is 'current and inactive' simply due to the fact that I wanted to take things slow, and plan, before going fully active. I am now ready to activate my license and would like to know if anybody has any recommendations for any reputable, fair and reasonable attorneys and insurance companies familiar with the trade in the Tampa area. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
I think you’ll find most who deal with these blood suckers in any State do so unvoluntarily, since the expectation is to avoid these entities at all costs.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I am relatively new to Florida and was an electrical contractor for many years in another local. I recently obtained my Florida Unlimited Electrical License and as of now, it is 'current and inactive' simply due to the fact that I wanted to take things slow, and plan, before going fully active. I am now ready to activate my license and would like to know if anybody has any recommendations for any reputable, fair and reasonable attorneys and insurance companies familiar with the trade in the Tampa area. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Reputable, fair, reasonable - Pick any two. You can't have all three.

jcc146

OK, OK ! Wrong and inappropriate qualifiers !!!

let's eliminate the qualifiers.

Can anyone recommend an attorney in Tampa or Orlando area who may be knowledgeable enough with the Electrical Contracting Trade to assist me in setting up my new company within State of Florida and DBPR regs?

Additionally, can anyone recommend an insurance company knowledgeable enough with the Electrical Contracting Trade to assist me in my insurance needs?

much appreciated - Thanks.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
You are not forming a multimillion dollar corporation here and I assume that you don't have large sums of money to think about. Any attorney you're comfortable with will be able to set up a company for you. Question is WHAT kind of business entity or legal structure is best for you. So you need yet another professional to advise you- an accountant who knows your financial and tax situation.

Again, you're not fortune 500 so any insurance broker should be able to find coverage for you. But remember to shop around.

-Hal

Okie Sparky

You are not forming a multimillion dollar corporation here and I assume that you don't have large sums of money to think about. Any attorney you're comfortable with will be able to set up a company for you. Question is WHAT kind of business entity or legal structure is best for you. So you need yet another professional to advise you- an accountant who knows your financial and tax situation.

Again, you're not fortune 500 so any insurance broker should be able to find coverage for you. But remember to shop around.

-Hal

Good advice here!

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
If you’re still looking, I can call a GC I work with out of Tampa on Monday and ask who they use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.