Aud. Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Have an open auditorium space client is looking for for budget/DB. Believe NEC lists lighting requirements for certain spaces, correct? Where would I find that? Thanks

kwired

Electron manager
Have an open auditorium space client is looking for for budget/DB. Believe NEC lists lighting requirements for certain spaces, correct? Where would I find that? Thanks
NEc has general lighting loads for load calculating purposes in art 220, but has no requirements when it comes to illumination levels. Other then possibly some illumination levels for some specific application maybe located somewhere in chapters 5-6-7. There are places where NEC requires illumination, but doesn't generally say how much illumination.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
There are various lighting requirements peppered throughout Articles 518 and 520. Not sure of your specifics.

Hoodood

Occupation
Electrical foreman
F/A matter

F/A matter

I'm doing a theater in NYC. The client wants dimming capabilities so we reached out to the fire marshal and they informed us that dimming is fine as long as the lights go to 100% illumination automatically when the fire alarm activates. This takes a relay to overide any dimming controls.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
I'm doing a theater in NYC. The client wants dimming capabilities so we reached out to the fire marshal and they informed us that dimming is fine as long as the lights go to 100% illumination automatically when the fire alarm activates. This takes a relay to overide any dimming controls.

100% or just some minimum egress level? Minimum egress level would kind of mean you just need to somehow turn on emergency egress lighting when fire alarm activates.

Status
Not open for further replies.