Auxiliary power hookup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimpson

I have a late-style Murray 200 amp box which has the short busses. The busses are totally occupied. I would like to replace them with longer busses to accomodate an additional 40 amp breaker for connecting my auxilliary power. Are longer busses available, or will I have to put in a larger box?:confused:

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Unless the manufacturer sells a standard replacement bus bar kit, the panel should be replaced.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
To that I will add that regardless of whether the panel can be modified or should be replaced, the work should be performed by a qualified electrical contractor.

I am putting a temporary hold on this thread. The Forum?s rules do not permitted us to provide ?how-to? assistance to a person who is not an electrician, but who appears to be planning to do electrical installation work at home.

I invite the Original Poster to send me a Private Message (click on my member name, and a pull down menu will appear), to explain the circumstances, and to let me know if I have misjudged the situation. If this is, for example, a job-related task, one assigned to you by your employer, or if you are merely trying to get the information you need in order to be able to hire a contractor, then I will reopen the thread, and post an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.