Bathroom counter top receptacle height

patricknola

Electrical contractor/Generac Dealer
Occupation
Electrical contractor.
Good morning, I'm doing a kitchen/dining remodel where the owner is the g.c.He decided to remodel the master bathroom without architect drawn plans(no plans)! What is the typical bathroom counter top height assuming there's going to be a back splash? For Extra pts: he's got, canless recessed lights,a shower light, an hvl and vanity lights. How many gangs, how many switches? P.S. the owner said he'd demo the old wood wall himself before I show up tomorrow morning! TIA

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I would ask the contractor how many switches he wants. Typically height of a vanity can be 30"-32" but mine are 36" just as they are in the kitchen. I install the receptacles over the counter at 43" to the bottom. Again check with the builder

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
On the gangs I try to limit it to 4 gangs in a bathroom. They want the wall space for towel racks ect... use a stack for any fan light combos and then do vanity for one and then all overhead on the other

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I had a customer who remodeled his master bath, and ended up needing four switches. The space next to the door was only wide enough for two gangs, but he didn't want two separate boxes and plates.

I suggested two standard duplex switches, but with the box installed sideways, so the toggles moved vertically. He liked it, but his wife loved it. She said it was like having her own little lighting control panel.

Buck Parrish

Good morning, I'm doing a kitchen/dining remodel where the owner is the g.c.He decided to remodel the master bathroom without architect drawn plans(no plans)! What is the typical bathroom counter top height assuming there's going to be a back splash? For Extra pts: he's got, canless recessed lights,a shower light, an hvl and vanity lights. How many gangs, how many switches? P.S. the owner said he'd demo the old wood wall himself before I show up tomorrow morning! TIA
I do 44 to the bottom of switches and outlets so they match, as they are often on the same wall.