Bathroom Exhaust Fan w/ light in shower/tub area

Status
Not open for further replies.

megawire

GC's architect calls for bathroom exhaust fan /w light in shower/tub area in his plans. I told the architect that the installation is not per code, due to the fact that the unit is not marked "Wet Locations". I refused to rough-in/ wire this unit, but cannot find the correct section of the code to site. There is no rubber gasket or other protections. Can anyone assist me in finding something here. I don't mind putting this unit outside the confines of the shower/tub area. Thank you.

electricmanscott

Re: Bathroom Exhaust Fan w/ light in shower/tub area

Fans are usually marked "Suitable for use over a tub or shower when protected by a GFCI" or something like that. I have never seen one that is not marked as such. No need for a rubber gasket. Not a wet location.

southernboys

mega hopes this helps 410.4d looks like your article. howecer I think if your fan/light is marked damp and not subject to shower spray may be permitted. I could be wrong on that last statement just how I see the handbooks explanation

ryan_618

Originally posted by southernboys:
...I think if your fan/light is marked damp and not subject to shower spray may be permitted. I could be wrong on that last statement just how I see the handbooks explanation
I agree. The 2005 makes this more clear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.