Belden 1120A cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
Greets,

I have a sudden need for Belden 1120A 18ga shielded, twisted pair tray cable. I'm not able to find anything less than about 1,000 foot rolls and it would take me entirely too much time to work through that much cable.

It's for Modbus communication. Unless you think your response is useful to everyone else, please feel free to send me a private message.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
Thanks! It looks like I may need about 200' and had NO interest in buying a few thousand ...

I have a Modbus part that is causing me fits. The signals are great on the wire, but turn to poop somewhere on the vendor's side of the connector.

Are you sure you need type TC?

Are you sure you need type TC?

For Modbus I'd expect a lower capacitance ("data grade") cable would be preferred. Of coure if it has to go into a 600V tray you's have to use Tray Cable.

But if the ony requirement in 18/2 Shielded for Modbus I'd suggest
Tappan L40008 / West Penn 77293 / Belden 8760 (all being capacitance < 25 pF/ft)-- and should be cheaper than Type TC.

If you don't think capacitance matters / or it's relatively short run -- regular PVC insulated Communications cable could also be an option (and even cheaper.) Options: Tappan R40013 / General Cable E2032S / West Penn 293 / Belden 5300FE.

Google Alerts dug out the following video applicable to these types.

18/2 Shielded CMR (Not Type TC)

If you could still use alternatives that are Type TC -- I can find those for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.