Bidding a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
. What brand of nail on box do you use? For instance if you use a nail on blue Carlon (which of course nobody here does :roll::)) they don’t have the built in clamp, just the plastic knock out. What would be a good efficient way to keep the box secured to he end of the NM during transport, moving around job site, etc.

I use P&S Quick/Click boxes. They don’t come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going rate here in South Georgia is $2.85/ft + $1000 for the service. I’ve heard as high as $4.25. I don’t offer sq ft pricing.

I can’t compete at those prices. I do custom homes though; I’ve attached some pricing screenshots from one I priced a few weeks ago. I think this house was around 2400 sq ft, and pretty basic.

Keep in mind any fixtures mentioned in the take-off are labor only; I do have a line for the cost to provide recessed fixtures.

c021d78ea481f5a01270a93dc6973bbf.jpg

63c18d73e629470a797267a5ecc925aa.jpg

6b153836ed6d18587b0751121eaf13db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What estimating program are you using to determine your opening prices? I'm in the market for a program currently using the old school method of pen and paper but I noticed that my pricing is very close to yours in lots of areas.

cdslotz

What estimating program are you using to determine your opening prices? I'm in the market for a program currently using the old school method of pen and paper but I noticed that my pricing is very close to yours in lots of areas.

It says ConEst on the document

Status
Not open for further replies.